Chris Oldner: Court Intervention Can Help Family Battling Addiction

In the Asked & Answered section of the March/April issue of Good Life Family, a father wrote saying that although his wife’s battle with alcohol is creating family disruptions, he is not interested in divorce, just a way to protect their children.

“It is common to believe that the only way for a court to intervene in your spouse’s parenting is by filing for divorce. However, if you want to try to continue to make a life together, there are options outside of divorce for you to consider,” answered Judge Chris Older. “You can ask an attorney to file a petition with the court to restrict her access to your children and set rules and restrictions on what decisions she can make for the kids.”

Read the entire article from Good Life Family.