In the latest issue of D Magazine, ONDA partner Brad LaMorgese gives his list of essential tips to ensure a good relationship between attorneys and their clients.
- Inform your attorney of relevant facts.
- Talk about pre- and postnups, if applicable.
- Complete assignments from your attorney.
- Listen closely to your attorney about what to expect.
- Disclose bad facts and criminal history to your attorney, even if they’re embarrassing.
- Hire a private investigator for investigative work, if needed.
- Don’t have expectations the divorce will be over quickly or inexpensively.
- Don’t sign anything without your attorney.
- Don’t work out a deal with your spouse without your attorney’s input.
- Don’t violate standing orders or injunctions.
The November 2019 issue, which also quotes ONDA partners Scott Downing, Keith Nelson and Jeff Anderson, is available to purchase now.