William M. Reppeto IIIPartner, Attorney at Law
Although a third-generation native of Dallas, Will spent the first 12 years of his career as a sole practitioner in Boerne, Texas. While practicing in the Texas Hill Country, he served as city attorney for the City of Boerne and was a founding member and director of the Kendall County Bar Association. In those days, Will was often appointed as a Mediator or Attorney Ad Litem in difficult cases. He also frequently assisted other lawyers with complex Family Law cases.
Throughout his career, Will’s skillful and knowledgeable representation in all facets of family law has earned him the trust and respect of his clients, opposing counsel, and the courts. In recognition of his work, he has been selected to the Texas Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters.
Will has been Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2002, demonstrating his ongoing commitment to excellence in this area of law. Board Certification requires continuing education and involvement in the issues of family law, including marriage, adoption, divorce, custody, support, and ownership of property acquired before and during marriage. Will is also an author and speaker regarding family law issues.
After earning a Bachelor’s Degree in political science from The University of Texas in 1988, Will graduated from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1992. He completed a Comparative Study of Anglo-American Jurisprudence at University College in Oxford, England, and a Comparative Study of Anglo-American Governmental & Historical Perspective at St. Mark’s College of the University of London.
Will represents his clients with compassion, respect, and diligence, and – perhaps because he is a loving father of three – he is especially sensitive to issues involving children. Will is also able to handle a wide and complex range of property-related issues. He approaches each case thoroughly, always keeping an eye on the big picture, while searching out the details of every case.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2002
- Texas, 1992
Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. – 1992
The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. – 1988
- Happiness After Heartbreak, Good Life Family, January/February 2017
- Discovery – Its Effective Use and the Avoidance of Pitfalls, Advanced Family Law Boot Camp, 2008
- Characterization and Tracing, Dallas Society of CPAs, Fourth Annual CPE Conference, and Marriage Dissolution Institute, 2008
- Making Summary Judgment Relevant Again, Advanced Family Law Course, 2007
- Effective Preparation and Presentation at the Final SAPCR Hearing – Conservatorship, Support, and Possession Issues, Family Law Essentials, 2007
- Understanding Discovery Rules: A Primer, Marriage Dissolution Institute, 2007
- Be Careful What You Ask For, You May Get it – Common Sense Discovery Requests and Responses, Advanced Family Law Course, 2006
- What I Wish I Knew Then – Enhancing Your Practice, Marriage Dissolution Boot Camp, 2006
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection, Family Law Basic Training, 2005
- How to Study for and Pass the Board Certification Exam, Advanced Family Law Course, 2005
- Low-End and High-End Use of Witness Trainers, Consultants, and Life-Coaches, Advanced Family Law Course, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2014 – 2022
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2005 – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Family Law Foundation, Life Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Kendall County Bar Association, Founding Member and Director