Ryan KirkhamAssociate, Attorney at Law
Having lived and worked abroad for several years, Ryan Kirkham brings a unique perspective to family law issues that require an understanding of how international cases are handled. When the additional questions presented by international law are a concern, this firsthand knowledge allows him to uniquely assist clients facing matters including divorce, jurisdictional disputes, asset tracing and complex property issues.
Ryan is a 2009 graduate of the Syracuse University College of Law. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2003. He studied international, European and German business law as a Congress-Bundestag Fulbright Scholar at Rheinische Fachhochschule Koln in Cologne, Germany, in 2003-04. Ryan is fluent in German.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Family Law
- Texas, 2009
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. – 2009
- Excluding Expert Witness Testimony in Texas Child Custody Litigation (Co-Authored with Keith Nelson; Jonathan Gould, Ph.D.; Benjamin J. Albritton, Psy.D; Diana S. Friedman; and Lynn Kamin); Innovations: Breaking Boundaries in Child Custody Litigation, June, 2015.
- Medical Practice Valuation in the Event of Divorce in Texas” Dallas Medical Journal, May 2015.
- Characterization & Tracing: An Overview, (Co-Authored with Brad LaMorgese and others), Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2011
- Valuation: Approaches, Assets and Authority, (R. Scott Downing, Lead Author and Presenter; Co-Authored with Stephen Orsinger and Lindsey Barbee), Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2010
- Making Summary Judgment Relevant Again, (R. Scott Downing, Lead Author and Presenter; Co-Authored with Betsey Branch, Lindsey Barbee), Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2007
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Family Law, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2020
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, Legal Division, 2012, 2017-2019
- Selected to D Magazine‘s listing of the Best Lawyers Under 40, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Lawyers Foundation, Fellow
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court