Carley Waldrop (Covert) Horne, originally from Arlington, Texas, earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Natural Resource Management/Conservation Biology from Texas Tech University in May 2016. She received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law Houston in May 2019 and was admitted to the Texas State Bar in November 2019.
Carley has primarily practiced in the areas of family law since becoming a licensed attorney.
Carley has experience in representing clients in various types of family law matters including high-asset divorces, contentious child custody matters, modification, SAPCRs, premarital agreements, post-marital agreements, and protective orders. She has represented clients in numerous negotiations and mediations.
Carley prides herself in providing her direct and honest opinion to her clients, which enables them to make informed decisions. She values the trust her clients place in her while she counsels them through complicated and challenging situations.
Carley enjoys traveling, interior design and spending time with her husband, and their Black Labrador, Zoey.
- Child Custody
- Division of Property
- Pre-marital & Post-marital Agreements
- Estate Planning
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Tech University, B.S. Natural Resource Management – Conservation Biology, 2016
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., 2019
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2019-Present
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section, 2019-Present
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2019-Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2023-Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2019-Present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2019-Present
- State Bar of Texas Law Student Division, South Texas College of Law Houston, Junior Representative, 2017-2018
- State Bar of Texas Law Student Division, South Texas College of Law Houston, Senior Representative, 2018-2019
- State Bar of Texas Law Student Division, Vice Chairman, 2018-2019
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Student Bar Association Board Member, 2017-2018
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Environmental Law Society, Member, 2017-2018
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Environmental Law Society, Vice President, 2018-2019
- South Texas College of Law Houston, CALI Award, Natural Resource Management, Spring 2019
- Texas Tech University Student At-Large Senator, 49th Legislative Session, 2013-2014
- Texas Tech University Freshman Senator, 48th Legislative Session, 2012-2013
- Pi Beta Phi, Texas Gamma Chapter, 2012-Present